Yellowstone Academy will resume our normal schedule on Thursday, January 18. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Students and staff please feel free to wear jeans and to bundle up. See you tomorrow!
Due to freezing temperatures, Yellowstone Academy will remain closed Wednesday, January 17. Please stay tuned for updates as the weather continues to develop.
Due to an expected winter storm, Yellowstone Academy will be closed Tuesday, January 16. Please stay tuned for updates as the weather continues to develop.
Every Yellowstone student has received a “Yellowstone” sweatshirt. These sweatshirts are the only outerwear students are allowed to wear when they are in the building. Pk-4th grade students are encouraged to leave their sweatshirts here at school. This will ensure that the sweatshirts are not left at home. 5th-8th grade students are allowed to take […]
Yellowstone Academy will be closed Friday, November 3 so that our families and staff can enjoy the Astro’s championship festivities. Our normal schedule will resume on Monday, November 6.
We are challenging all Yellowstone families and students to read 10 books by the end of 2017! This is a challenge for students, faculty, and parents. Will you join us by engaging in authentic reading for the remainder of 2017? Students will receive a “Ten ‘til the End” reading log from their Reading teacher. Students […]
YOU ARE INVITED TO THE YELLOWSTONE COMMUNITY CHAPEL Wednesday, November 1 | 8:15 – 9:15 a.m. Christ the King Presbyterian Church 1201 Silber Rd, Houston, TX 77055 In celebration of our 15th Anniversary and in response to Hurricane Harvey’s impact in our city, Yellowstone Academy is hosting a community chapel to worship together and pray […]
Calling all students, parents, neighbors, and community volunteers! Join us on October 28, 2017 for our 2nd Annual Fall Festival. There will be tons of fun activities, great food, and volunteer activities! Read more »
As part of our recently assigned Project Based Learning activity, the Middle School Social Studies department will be facilitating a school wide canned food drive. We are participating in WE Scare Hunger, a local campaign that is serving the Houston area, for the month of October. Please take a moment to read the following details: […]
Yellowstone Academy is participating in the Box Tops for Education program this year! Click here to learn more.
We will be discussing our uniform policy in more detail at our Back to School Orientation. The student
uniform consists of a polo shirt (that should be tucked in), blue or khaki pants with a belt, and closed-toe
shoes. The colors for the polo shirts are as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten – 4th grade
Yellow (gold/sunray) or Navy-Blue
- 5th grade – 8th grade
Yellow (gold/sunray), Navy-Blue, White, Light-Blue
These polo shirts and pants can be purchased at Fiesta, Academy, and virtually all department stores in the
area. If you need assistance with your uniform purchase, please contact Laura Kerr at 713-741-8000, or by email at email@example.com.
The student dress code policy at Yellowstone Academy requires ALL students to wear the required uniform every day, unless otherwise indicated. The uniform will consist of the following:
- A Yellowstone Academy t-shirt or polo is required for all students.
- Chapel shirts must be worn on Monday and any off campus field trip.
- Shirts MUST be tucked in at all times.
- Navy or Beige, Khaki pants, shorts, skirt, skorts or jumpers should be free of any designs, writings, rips, embellishments, or contrasting accent colors.
- No baggy pants, pants cannot sag.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be at an appropriate length.
- Belts are required for all items that have belt loops. Chains, pocket watches, or any other accessory should not be attached to the belt.
- Students may only wear plain shirts underneath their uniform. Writings or designs should not be visible through the shirt. Students will be told to remove any shirts not in compliance with the uniform policy.
- No ‘flip-flops’ or sandals.
- Any shoes with a heel taller than an inch are not allowed.
- All shoes, sneakers, or boots should be enclosed.
- Socks, tights, or panty hose should always be worn with shoes (no footless leggings).
- No suspenders should be worn over any uniform shirt.
- Students and parents should make every effort to ensure that the uniform shirts and pants are cleaned regularly. Students should wear clean uniforms to school daily. Torn or worn clothing should be replaced.
- Any jewelry worn around the neck should be worn inside of the uniform shirt.
- Earrings are not permitted for male students at Yellowstone.
- Hair should be free of bright colors and glitter.
- Headbands can be worn only if they are sold as a headband.
- Students may only wear Yellowstone Jackets.