Calling all parents! We would love your feedback. Please help us get better by taking a super quick survey. https://eprovesurveys.advanc-ed.org/surveys/#/action/81861/11029 Thank you for the many ways you help to make Yellowstone great!
The 2018-2019 school year is here! Thank you for assisting us with a safe and successful start. Wednesdays are the day we will send out our communications to families. Along with these updates, you should expect something from each of your child’s teachers.
Kaleidoscope Uniforms provides shirts, oxfords, khaki pants and other uniform items already branded for Yellowstone students. Below, you can download information about uniform options and colors as well as steps to register for the website.
The 4th of July has come and gone, and we are sure to see back to school uniform displays in our stores and commercials about school supplies on our television screens. While I know you and yours are holding on tight to these last few days of vacation, we are working hard to be prepared for our scholars on the first day of school.
We will be discussing our uniform policy in more detail at our Back to School Orientation. The student
uniform consists of a polo shirt (that should be tucked in), blue or khaki pants with a belt, and closed-toe
shoes. The colors for the polo shirts are as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten – 4th grade
Yellow (gold/sunray) or Navy-Blue
- 5th grade – 8th grade
Yellow (gold/sunray), Navy-Blue, White, Light-Blue
These polo shirts and pants can be purchased at Fiesta, Academy, and virtually all department stores in the
area. If you need assistance with your uniform purchase, please contact Laura Kerr at 713-741-8000, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The student dress code policy at Yellowstone Academy requires ALL students to wear the required uniform every day, unless otherwise indicated. The uniform will consist of the following:
- A Yellowstone Academy t-shirt or polo is required for all students.
- Chapel shirts must be worn on Monday and any off campus field trip.
- Shirts MUST be tucked in at all times.
- Navy or Beige, Khaki pants, shorts, skirt, skorts or jumpers should be free of any designs, writings, rips, embellishments, or contrasting accent colors.
- No baggy pants, pants cannot sag.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be at an appropriate length.
- Belts are required for all items that have belt loops. Chains, pocket watches, or any other accessory should not be attached to the belt.
- Students may only wear plain shirts underneath their uniform. Writings or designs should not be visible through the shirt. Students will be told to remove any shirts not in compliance with the uniform policy.
- No ‘flip-flops’ or sandals.
- Any shoes with a heel taller than an inch are not allowed.
- All shoes, sneakers, or boots should be enclosed.
- Socks, tights, or panty hose should always be worn with shoes (no footless leggings).
- No suspenders should be worn over any uniform shirt.
- Students and parents should make every effort to ensure that the uniform shirts and pants are cleaned regularly. Students should wear clean uniforms to school daily. Torn or worn clothing should be replaced.
- Any jewelry worn around the neck should be worn inside of the uniform shirt.
- Earrings are not permitted for male students at Yellowstone.
- Hair should be free of bright colors and glitter.
- Headbands can be worn only if they are sold as a headband.
- Students may only wear Yellowstone Jackets.