Welcome to Yellowstone Academy!
Yellowstone Academy is a community school preparing Christian leaders who are college and career ready. Founded in 2002, Yellowstone Academy is a premier Christian private school in the heart of Houston’s Third Ward that serves students in pre-K3 through 4th grade.
Tuition includes transportation, meals, uniforms, and other services. Comprehensive scholarship packages are available for enrolled and committed families.
Yellowstone Academy at a Glance
- Small class sizes, dynamic teachers, and a rigorous academic program that prepares critical thinkers
- Community classroom experiences that expose our students to Third Ward’s rich cultural heritage
- Comprehensive elective and co-curricular program that includes music, art, physical education, dance, chess club, computer, library, Boy Scouts, girls leadership initiatives, and much more
- Competitive sports teams in basketball, volleyball, flag football, track, cross country, and soccer
- Students grow in their faith and develop strong character through daily Bible class and weekly chapel
- A community school with strong parent participation and amazing volunteers from all over Houston
Yellowstone Academy is committed to leveling the educational and socioeconomic playing field so that our students and graduates reach their full potential. We admit students who will be successful both academically and socially, and who will be assets to our school community and its mission. We ask every family admitted to the school to pay a portion of the tuition costs for their student to attend. The tuition amount is on a sliding scale and is determined based on family income, employment status, and other related factors. For qualifying students, Yellowstone staff will meet with the families to discuss tuition and expectations prior to enrollment.
Other questions? Please contact Damon Gunn at 713.655.0596.
- Applications open on November 16th. Priority applications are being accepted from November 16th – January 15th. Any applications submitted after January 15th automatically go on the waiting list for next year.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to come in for a student assessment & parent interview.
*Applicants placed on the wait list will be notified if spots are available in the Fall.
If you have any questions about the application or enrollment process, please contact Damon Gunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.741.8000 ext. 2300.