We are challenging all Yellowstone families and students to read 10 books by the end of 2017! This is a challenge for students, faculty, and parents. Will you join us by engaging in authentic reading for the remainder of 2017?
- Students will receive a “Ten ‘til the End” reading log from their Reading teacher.
- Students will choose a book to read and confer with their teacher to ensure it is a “just right book”. These are books that are on the appropriate reading level for our scholars.
- Students are also coming home today with a list of recommended books.
- As students complete a book, they should record this information on their reading log.
- Students will write a 1-3 sentence book review for each book read (this will be completed on the back of the reading log).
- Students must return their COMPLETED reading log to their Reading teacher by Friday, January 5th.
- Students that meet these expectations will be recognized and invited to our Yellowstone Café celebration.
- At the Yellowstone Café, we will enjoy refreshments and talk about our favorite book!
By accepting this challenge with your child, you will set an example of excellent reading habits at home. Parents completing our challenge will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card!!
PK3 through 2nd Grade Students
3rd– 5th Grade Students
6th-8th Grade Students