At a Glance
Hallmarks of Yellowstone
- Comprehensive Pre-K through 8th grade educational program
- $12,500 annual scholarship for admitted students
- Academic Excellence: high expectations for students that encourages their individual talents and strengths
- Spiritual Growth: character development program for students teaching Christian principles through daily Bible class and weekly chapel services
- Student Support: helping students reach their full potential with social services, meals, transportation
- 80% of Yellowstone graduates attend a top performing high school
- 92% of Yellowstone’s first 8th grade class graduated from high school and 80% are currently pursuing college
A Brief History
Yellowstone Academy was founded in July 2001 to provide a high quality, faith-based education for economically disadvantaged students. After a year of intensive planning, the Academy opened in August 2002 with 64 pre-school students from Houston’s inner city neighborhood in the Third Ward.
In 2006, Yellowstone Academy purchased a former elementary school building from the Houston Independent School District and in May 2009, Yellowstone completed construction of a new gym. These facilities have enabled Yellowstone to add a grade level each year through the eighth grade. In 2012, Yellowstone celebrated its 10th Anniversary as well as its first 8th grade graduating class.